Minnesota Child Care Rules
Minnesota Rules Parts 9502.0300 to 9502.0445 govern the provision of licensing child care in family and group family child care residences.
The following are the headings of the rule parts:
- 9502.0315 Definitions: This rule provides definitions of terms in the licensing rule parts.
- 9502.0325 Licensing of facilities for children family day care and group family day care homes: This rule part establishes which child care situations must be licensed.
- 9502.0335 Licensing process: This rule part specifies the process for licensing.
- 9502.0341 Negative licensing actions: This rule part establishes the process for denial of applications for licensure and revocation, non-renewal, probation, suspension and immediate suspension of existing licenses.
- 9502.0345 Agency records: This rule part establishes which records must be maintained by the county social service or human service agency for each provider.
- 9502.0355 Caregiver qualifications: This rule part specifies the qualifications of providers of family and group family child care.
- 9502.0365 Licensed capacity, child / adult ratios, age distribution restrictions: This rule part governs the number of children provided care, specialized infant and toddler group family child care, newborn care and the use of helpers, and substitute care givers in family and group family child care.
- 9502.0367 Child / adult ratios; age distribution restrictions: This rule part indicates the licensed capacity, number of adults, total number of children under school age, and total number of infants and toddlers in family child care, specialized infant and toddler family child care, group family child care, and specialized infant and toddler group family child care.
- 9502.0375 Reporting to agency: This rule part specifies reports which must be made to the licensing agency.
- 9502.0395 Behavior guidance: This rule part specifies the methods of child guidance to be utilized in family and group family child care.
- 9502.0405 Admissions; provider records; reporting: This rule part establishes policies and records on each child, which shall be maintained by family and group family child care providers.
- 9502.0415 Activities and equipment: This rule part indicates the types of programs and equipment, which must be provided to facilitate the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children in family and group family child care.
- 9502.0425 Physical environment: This rule part specifies the minimum amount of indoor and outdoor space, which must be available in family and group family child care and establishes requirements for health and safety with respect to physical environment.
- 9502.0435 Sanitation and health: This rule part provides for sanitation and health measures, emergency procedures and transportation of children. It also provides restrictions for pets and procedures for diapering and care of ill children, as well as administration of medicine.
- 9502.0445 Water, food, and nutrition: This rule part provides requirements for food, water, meals, and snacks in family and group family child care.
A complete copy of rule parts 9502.0300 to 9502.0445 may be seen at the child care residence, the county agency, the Minnesota Department of Human Services or the Minnesota Law Library. Copies may be purchased from the Minnesota Bookstore by calling 651-297-3000, or visiting:
117 University Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55155