Board of Adjustment & Appeals
About the Board
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals is a 5 member board appointed by the County Board, with 1 member from each Commissioner District. They are a decision-making body. All decisions by the Board of Adjustment and Appeals in granting or denying variances and appeals shall be final, except that any aggrieved person shall have the right to appeal within 30 days after receipt of notice of the decision to the district court.
The board shall be responsible for the following: To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance
To hear requests for variances from the literal provisions of this ordinance in instances where their strict enforcement would cause undue hardship because of circumstances unique to the individual property under consideration.
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals meetings are held:
- 7 p.m.
- The last Thursday of each month
- Room 150B of the Chisago County Government Center
Agendas & Minutes
|Douglas Greene||District 1||Term: 01/07/2020 - 12/31/2022|
|Donna Nowicki||District 2||Term: 01/08/2019 - 01/02/2022|
|Gregg Carlson||District 3||Term: 01/05/2021 - 01/05/2024|
|Charles Yeager Opens in New Window||District 4||Term: 01/07/2020 - 12/31/2022|
|John Sutcliffe||District 5||Term: 01/05/2021 - 01/05/2024|
Requirements for Adjustments & Appeals
- Filing Deadline: 1st of the month
- Meetings required: Staff Review Meeting, Township and County Board of Adjustment, we will assign your meeting dates at the time of application
- Fees: See Department Fee Schedule Opens in New Window
- Shoreland Property Variance Checklist Opens in New Window
- Variance Guidance Document - Criteria for Variance Approval (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Variance or Appeal Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
For questions regarding variances or appeals, contact Jessica Jagoe at 651-213-8379.