Lower St. Croix Compehensive Watershed Management Plan - Policy Committee Seeks Applicants
The Chisago County Board of Commissioners seeks applicants for appointment on the Lower St. Croix River Comprehensive Watershed Management Plan – Policy Committee. The positions are for At-Large appointments. Chisago County needs two (2) At-Large appointees on the Policy Committee and two (2) Alternate appointees.
Chisago County Water Plan
The Chisago County Water Plan Policy Team is proud to make available the Local Water Management Plan (Water Plan) for your review: Chisago County Local Water Management Plan 2013-2023 (PDF) and corresponding Water Plan Implementation Schedule (PDF). Note: This file is quite large and may take awhile to download depending on your connection speed.
The Chisago County Board of Commissioners approved the Chisago SWCD Resolution No. 2017-04-01 Local Water Resources Riparian Protection in Chisago County (PDF) as an addendum to the Local Water Management Plan on June 6, 2018.
Chisago County Water Plan Purpose
The purpose of the Water Plan is to set Chisago County watershed priorities. Chisago County and other local units of government will use these priorities to obtain resources to protect, improve, and conserve the lakes, rivers, wetlands, and groundwater in Chisago County.
This is a 10 year plan that will be in effect through 2023. The county formed Policy and Technical Teams to help prepare the Water Plan. They put in over a year and a half of significant work developing the Water Plan.
New One Watershed, One Plan (1W1P) Planning Process
On January 18, 2017, the Chisago County Board of Commissioners approved a resolution to support a Lower St. Croix Watershed, One Watershed, One Plan (1W1P) Implementation Framework Project. Through the 1W1P process, Counties, Soil and Water Conservation Districts, and Watershed Management Organizations within the Lower St. Croix watershed (PDF) are working together to develop a new watershed based management plan with basin-wide priorities and goals. Funding will be available through the Minnesota Board of Soil & Water Resources to implement the priorities and goals identified in the plan.
In 2017, local entities within the Lower St. Croix Watershed developed a Work Plan, project budget and timeline to develop the new watershed based plan. There are several committees identified in the Work Plan that will meet to develop a draft plan and make final plan recommendations. Over the next two years, the various committees will meet to develop the comprehensive watershed management plan for the Lower St. Croix Watershed.
In 2018, 1W1P held several public input workshops and provided an online survey to identify priority water-related issues for the Lower St. Croix watershed. The Steering, Advisory and Policy Committees developed seven priority issues statements based on public input, previously completed local plans and comments from government agencies.
In 2019, the 1W1P Committees developed prioritized, targeted and measurable strategies and goals to protect and restore the watershed. The Committees incorporated these strategies and goals to develop Implementation Actions and Measurable Outputs for the comprehensive watershed management plan for the Lower St. Croix Watershed.
In 2020, the 1W1P Committees will continue to refine the organizational arrangement and Lower St. Croix 1W1P watershed management plan for public comment and anticipated adoption by partnering agencies.
For more information on the 1W1P for the Lower St. Croix Watershed, please visit www.lsc1W1P.org View the 2017 1W1P Fact Sheet (PDF), 2018 1W1P Fact Sheet (PDF) and 2019 1W1P Fact Sheet (PDF) on the Lower St. Croix 1W1P. Or, contact Susanna Wilson Witkowski at 651-213-8380 or by email Susanna.
Priority Concerns Scoping Document
As part of the process to create the Water Plan, the Priority Concerns Scoping Document was developed. This document helps define the Water Plan priorities for the next 10 years. There are several attachments that support the Water Plan and Priority Concerns Scoping Document (PDF).
- Aquatic Invasive Species, 2012 (PDF)
- Center Lakes Association Survey 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Appropriation Permits, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Bedrock Aquifers, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Digital Elevation Model, 2007 (PDF)
- Chisago County Hydrogeologic Atlas Preliminary Findings June, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Impaired Waters, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Location, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Priority Concerns Matrix, 2012 (PDF)
- Chisago County Public Waters, 2011 (PDF)
- Chisago County Watersheds, 2012 (PDF)
- Contacts Notice of Chisago County Water Plan Update, 2012 (PDF)
- County Ditches, 2004 (PDF)
- Countywide Survey, 2012 (PDF)
- DNR Water Use Appropriation Permits, 2012 (PDF)
- Elevational Relief, 2012 (PDF)
- Lake St. Croix TMDL, 2011 (PDF)
- Land Use Land Cover, 1990s (PDF)
- Martin and Typo Lakes TMDL, 2005 (PDF)
- MDA Priority Concerns Input, 2012 (PDF)
- MPCA Comments Chisago County Water Plan, 2012 (PDF)
- North Branch Sunrise River TMDL, 2006 (PDF)
- Notice of Chisago Water Plan Update, 2012
- Policy Team Members Contacts and Assignments, 2012
- Project Update Chisago County Geologic Atlas, 2012
- Resolution to Update, 2011
- Shoreland Classification, 2006
- Six Lake TMDL, 2009 (PDF)
- Sunrise Agriculture Fact Sheet, 2012 (PDF)
- Sunrise Developed Land Fact Sheet, 2012 (PDF)
- Sunrise Population Change Fact Sheet, 2012 (PDF)
- Sunrise River Watershed Survey, 2008 (PDF)
- Sunrise Wetlands Fact Sheet, 2012 (PDF)
- Survey Chisago County Water Plan Priorities, 2012 (PDF)
- Wellhead Protection Areas, 2012 (PDF)
Chisago Soil and Water Conservation District Resolution No. 2017-04-01 Attachment
- Chisago County Government Center
Department of Zoning / Environmental Services
Attn: Susanna Wilson Witkowski
313 N. Main St.
Center City, MN 55012
Thank you for your consideration and comments.