Access Permits

An access permit is required for any new driveway, field entrance, street or commercial access on a Chisago County Highway. An access permit is also required when changing use of an existing access, for example, changing a residential access to a commercial access.

Helpful Documents

Helpful Links

Events Permits

Event permits are required for parades, running or cycling races, exhibitions, festivals, etc. that occur on Chisago County roadways. Advanced planning is the key component to special events. Approval by Public Works and/or the County Board is required before any permit will be issued. These permits are issued by Public Works. Please allow at least 6 - 8 weeks to complete the application process.

The main purpose of an event permit is to provide standards for traffic control to ensure the safety of participants and the traveling public. There is a $50 fee for an event permit and the cost of traffic control is the responsibility of the permit holder. Please call 651-213-8705 or email the Permits Department for details. All permits needed after the fact will be charged double the original fee. Fees are waived for governmental agencies.

Helpful Documents

Permit Fee Schedule

Utility Permits

Utility permits are required for utilities, work within right of way, or work that obstructs the right of way.

Transportation Permits

All overweight and/or over sized loads that are transported on Chisago County Highways require a transportation permit.

Helpful Documents

Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Helpful Links