Rule 25


Chisago County does not contract with insurance providers for assessment services. Individuals with private health insurance or a managed care plan through medical assistance (such as Blue Plus or Health Partners) need to contact their insurance provider about chemical health assessments and services.

Pregnant or IV Drug User

If you are pregnant or an IV drug user, please call 651-213-5600 and ask to speak to Rule 25 Intake for urgent assistance.

Request an Assessment

To request an assessment complete the Rule 25 Eligibility Application and Privacy Notice and submit the completed documents via fax, mail, or in person.

We have made the Rule 25 eligibility application and privacy notice available 2 ways. You may print the forms and manually complete them or you may complete the information online and then print the completed forms.


Send the completed forms by fax to 651-213-5685, with the attention to "Rule 25 Intake." You can also mail the forms to:

Chisago County Government Center
Chisago County Health & Human Services
313 N. Main Street, Room 239
Center City, MN 55012

Chisago County Health & Human Services
6133 402nd Street
North Branch, MN 55056


For help completing the application, or if you have additional questions, please contact 651-213-5600 and ask to speak to Rule 25 Intake.

What to Expect

After your application is received and reviewed for eligibility, you will be contacted within a few business days regarding your eligibility. If you are eligible, an appointment will be scheduled with you for an assessment. If you have not received a call within 1 week of submitting your application, please call 651-213-5600 and ask to speak to Rule 25 Intake for further assistance.

If you are not eligible to receive services through Chisago County, alternative resources will be provided for you to obtain an assessment through a different agency. The Rule 25 assessment generally takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.

The assessor will meet with you to complete the assessment, determine if chemical dependency treatment is recommended, and where you will be referred to receive treatment services.