Maternal & Child Health (MCH)
Chisago County Public Health believes that every family should have their questions answered and the tools they need to get their family off to a good beginning.
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program at Chisago County offers home visits to families living in Chisago County at no personal cost to you, although we may bill 3rd party coverage if applicable.
Our MCH Nurses will kindly provide all the Information needed including:
- Labor and Delivery classes in the comfort of your own home
- Prenatal care
- Newborn Care and Helping your baby thrive
- Baby weight checks
- Breastfeeding education
- Activities and fun things to do with your baby
- Home Safety Tips
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC)
- Community Resources
- Resources for Special Needs
To find out more information, schedule a visit to your home or just have a question email Barb or Call 651-213-5231.
Baby Cafe is a Breastfeeding gathering for Moms, Babies and Moms to be. Join us for mom to mom encouragement and meet other breastfeeding moms in your area. A Lactation Consultant will be available to help answer questions and baby weight checks are available. Learn More about
We are now offering a Virtual Baby Café on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Make a Registration to be contacted by Public Health Staff and to be sent a meeting invite. You only need to register once for the Virtual Baby Café. We look forward to seeing you.
To join Baby Café , please download the Microsoft Teams app from the app store.
Family Small Group
We are now offering Family Small Group Meetings hosted by Maternal Child Health (MCH) Nurses the third Tuesday of each month. This group provides an opportunity for meeting new moms and asking questions about parenting. Nurses will have parenting topics for discussion. Our first meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Make a Registration to be sent a meeting invite. You only need to register once for the virtual Family Small Group Meetings. We look forward to seeing you.
To join Family Small Group, please download the Microsoft Teams app from the app store.
- Breastfeeding Brochure (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Nurses are trained Lactation Educators
- Nurses provide telephone consultation
- Nurses provide home visits
- Nurses provide same day urgent response
- Got Kids? We Got Answers! Brochure (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Metro Alliance for Healthy Families Brochure in Spanish (PDF)
Opens a New Window.