Maternal & Child Health (MCH)
Chisago County Public Health believes that every family should have their questions answered and the tools they need to get their family off to a good beginning.
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program at Chisago County offers free home visits to families living in Chisago County.
Why family home visiting?
- Every family could use extra support
- Babies and children learn and grow so much during those first few years
- Parents are babies first and most important teacher
- Improved school readiness for children and parents
What do family home visiting nurses do?
- Help mom care for herself during pregnancy
- Prepare family for birth and postpartum
- Provide parenting and breastfeeding education and support
- Promote baby and child’s health and wellbeing
- Help family create a safe home for their child
- Connect family with resources including insurance, financial assistance, childcare, school/job options and other helpful community services
- Set and support families in reaching their goals
How do I refer myself or a client?
Our MCH Nurses will kindly provide all the Information needed including:
- Labor and Delivery classes in the comfort of your own home
- Prenatal care
- Newborn Care and Helping your baby thrive
- Baby weight checks
- Breastfeeding education
- Activities and fun things to do with your baby
- Home Safety Tips
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC)
- Community Resources
- Resources for Special Needs
To find out more information, schedule a visit to your home or just have a question email Heather or Call 651-213-5231.
Family Small Group - Currently on hold during COVID, please check back for updates.
|Nurses are trained Lactation Educators|
|Nurses provide telephone consultation|
- Breastfeeding Brochure (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Nurses are trained Lactation Educators
- Nurses provide telephone consultation
- Nurses provide home visits
- Nurses provide same day urgent responsepens a New Window.
- Metro Alliance for Healthy Families Brochure in Spanish (PDF)