Child & Teen Checkups
Regular health checks are important to keep your children healthy! Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) screenings are a benefit to children and young adults from birth through age 20 who are enrolled in Medical Assistance. Child and Teen Checkups exams are completed at the child or young adult’s medical clinic. Remember to ask for a Child and Teen Checkup when making the appointment at your clinic. Child and Teen Checkups are recommended at these ages:
- Between birth and one month.
- At 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, and 30 months.
- Every year starting at 3 years through age 20 years.
- More often if needed
A Child and Teen Checkup exam will include:
- A complete head to toe physical exam.
- Information about good physical and mental health.
- Physical growth measurements.
- Time to ask questions and get answers about your child’s health, behavior, and development.
- Referrals to other health specialists if needed.
At certain ages a Child and Teen Checkup exam will also include:
- Hearing and vision screenings.
- Lead testing and other lab tests.
- Developmental and behavioral checks.
- Oral health screenings and fluoride varnish application.
Child and Teen Checkups qualify for school physicals, sports physicals and Head Start required physicals. If you have questions about scheduling a Child and Teen Checkup, finding a medical or, 2020 MA and MNCare Dental Provider List Opens in New Window interpreter for medical appointments, or transportation please call Chisago County Child and Teen Checkups Outreach Program at 651-213-5235 or 651-213-5228.
A dental exam should occur at the time of first tooth eruption and every 6 months thereafter.
Children’s Dental Services are now offering dental care the North Branch Health and Human Services building for children and young adults ages 0-26 and pregnant women of any age.
Children’s Dental Services accepts all forms of insurance and offers reduced cost care based on income.