The Chisago County Board of Commissioners, in coordination with the County’s Auditor-Treasurer, took action to provide temporary relief to residents and businesses that have been impacted by the economic pressures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Read on...
Keeping our community safe as well as employees during the Coronavirus Pandemic Read on...
The Auditor-Treasurer’s Office is responsible for…
- The financial records of the county including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation and publication of the County Financial Statement.
- Administration and issuance of county auctioneer, precious metals, tobacco, beer, liquor licenses and firework permits
- Collection of current and delinquent mobile home and real estate property taxes
- Address changes/corrections to the tax system
- Forfeiture of property and public auctions for those properties
- Collection and distribution of mortgage registration (MRT), state deed (SDT) taxes
- MRT is determined by a .0023 multiplier against the mortgage amount
- SDT is determined by a .0033 multiplier against the purchase price unless the consideration is $3000 or less in which SDT is $1.65
- Investments, bank account reconciliation and the mailing function for the county offices
- The County Auditor-Treasurer also serves as the chief election official for the county, conducting all county and state elections including the responsibilities of voter registration, ballot layout and absentee voting
- What licenses does your office issue?
- Can I pay my taxes over the phone?
- Why have I received a bill (tax statement) when my mortgage company should be paying the taxes?
- When are property taxes due?
- When paying property taxes, can I make a partial payment?
- When will we receive our tax statements?
- Do I need to write a separate check if I'm paying on more than one parcel?
- What if I pay my property taxes late?
- Will I receive a reminder if I forget to pay my taxes by the due date?
- What if I purchase my property after the tax statements have already been mailed?
- What if I've lost or misplaced my tax statement? Can I obtain another copy of my Property Tax Statement?
- What if my total tax is less than $100?
- How do I change the mailing address on my property tax statements?