Board of Adjustment & Appeals
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals is a 5 member board appointed by the County Board, with 1 member from each Commissioner District. They are a decision-making body. All decisions by the Board of Adjustment and Appeals in granting or denying variances and appeals shall be final, except that any aggrieved person shall have the right to appeal within 30 days after receipt of notice of the decision to the district court.
About the Board
The board shall be responsible for the following:
To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance
To hear requests for variances from the literal provisions of this ordinance in instances where their strict enforcement would cause undue hardship because of circumstances unique to the individual property under consideration.
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals meetings are held:
- 7 p.m.
- The last Thursday of each month
- Room 150B of the Chisago County Government Center
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before the meetings. Minutes are available for review following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | All Agendas
|Douglas Greene||District 1||Term: 02/15/2017 - 01/03/2020|
|Donna Nowicki||District 2||Term: 08/03/2016 - 01/05/2019|
|Gregg Carlson||District 3||Term: 01/06/2018 - 01/02/2021|
|VACANT||District 4||Term: 01/03/2017 - 01/03/2020|
|John Sutcliffe||District 5||Term: 01/06/2018 - 01/02/2021|
Requirements for Adjustments & Appeals
- Filing Deadline: 1st of the month
- Meetings required: Staff Review Meeting, Township and County Board of Adjustment, we will assign your meeting dates at the time of application
- Fees: See Department Fee Schedule
- Shoreland Property Variance Checklist
- Variance Guidance Document - Criteria for Variance Approval
- Variance or Appeal Application
For questions regarding variances or appeals, contact Tara Guy at 651-213-8379.